Illinois River Walleye Classic
Entry fee: $400.00 per team
One day "Three Man" Tournament!!!!
Registration & Rules 2018
- The “Illinois River Classic” Tournament must be entered and fished according to their rules and regulations. All entry forms must be paid in full. All forms and fees must be sent to:
Spring Valley Walleye Club
PO Box 154
Spring Valley, IL 61362
No fee or entry will be accepted with a Post mark dated before March 1, 2018. (NO EXCEPTIONS!)
- Contestants must enter as two or three person teams. If a situation arises (and is approved by the director) only one of the team will be able to participate.
- Take off positions will be assigned according to post mark. No entry will be accepted that is post marked earlier than 03-01-18.
- Disqualification from the tournament for any reason will result in the loss of the entry fee.
- Rules meeting will be held at Spring Valley Boat Club at 4:00 PM on Friday, April 6th.
- All boats must be inspected prior to each days launch. All contestants must start and stop from the launch site. Teams not checking in after a days fishing will be disqualified for that day. All fishing must be done from an officially inspected boat.
- All teams are subject to inspection during the fishing day. Officially designated patrol boats may pull along-side at any time.
- No other boats may come in contact with tournament boats during the tournament hours.
Tournament Format & Fishing
- On tournament days, contestants are prohibited from fishing except during designated fishing hours. Contestants must stay off tournament waters before and after tournament hours except to navigate to the check-in site and launch facility.
- All state rules must be observed unless the Tournament Director specifies more stringent regulations.
- Only fish caught on hook and line in a normal and usual manor will be accepted. Live bait and artificial lures are permissible.
- Only two (2) rods per person will be allowed.
- All fish weighed must be kept in an aerated live well and kept alive and as fresh as possible.
- LATE IS LATE! You will be disqualified if you return past your flights due time. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- If you breakdown on the water, one member can ride in with another tournament boat to weigh-in if acceptable to both teams.
- Restricted waters: Starved Rock Dam to anywhere downstream on the Illinois River.
- This tournament is a catch and release event.
- Walleye, sauger and saugeye will be weighed. Minimum length is 14 inches. Teams will be allowed to weigh in a five (5) fish limit per boat per day.
- The official ruler will be the “Judge”. Fish will be measured with mouth closed and tail squeezed.
- If a short fish is presented to weigh-in, you will be disqualified from the tournament.
- A .20 pound deduction will be made for each fished determined to be dead.
- At least one member from each team must accompany the catch to the scale. Each team must initial the official weigh-in slip and will receive a copy for their record.
- All boat boards must be presented with your catch. Fish will not be weighed in until the boat board has been returned.
- Each contestant must observe safe boating conduct at all times.
- Each contestant, under penalty of disqualification for that day, must wear a Coast Guard approved personal floatation device and have the “kill switch” attached to the boat operator at all times when the engine is operating above idle.
- During tournament hours telephones and marine radios are to be used for emergency or safety reasons only. Any and all other transmissions are prohibited.
- In the event of a thunderstorm, lightning or severe weather, contestants may pull in to the nearest shoreline until it is safe to continue fishing. Contestants may not leave their boats during tournament hours except at the official weigh-in site or if severe weather forces them ashore.
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs may be possessed or consumed by contestants during tournament hours.
Sportsmanship & Protest
- Contestants will conduct themselves in a true sportsmanlike, courteous, safe and ethical manor when fishing. Any unfavorable conduct or action by a contestant will be grounds for disqualification or rejection of the entry application.
- The Tournament Director, or any participating angler, has the right to protest another team. All protest must be made in writing and within 20 minutes of the completion of the daily weigh-in. A $200.00 protest fee must accompany each written protest. The fee will be returned if the protest is found valid. Following interviews with the concerned parties, a ruling will be made.
- After hearing all sides the Tournament Director will make a ruling. This ruling will be final. If the protest is valid, the disqualified party will pay any and all investigated costs. If the protest is found to be invalid, the $200.00 fee will not be returned and the protesting party will be responsible for any and all additional costs.
Release of Liability
- Contestants acknowledge that they are participating voluntarily in the “Illinois River Classic”. Contestants assume all risks or injury, death, damages, theft and loss to personal property, which may result from their participation in said tournament.
Cancellation and refunds
- A refund will only be made if proper notification is made to the Spring Valley Walleye Club up to two (2) weeks prior to the event. A $50.00 cancellation charge will apply. The refund check will be made out to both parties.